Friday 17 February 2017


The Dwan At Dusk

 By 

Sandeep Nayyar



Genre

I happen to follow to more authors, Amish Tripathi and Ashwin Sanghi who write in a similar genre. So, when I started reading the book, I already started comparing it with their work and thus held high expectations from it.

Does is stand upon my expectations? Let's see.

Storyline

The events of the book took place during the post-vedic era, during the reign of Yaduvanshis and Raghuvanshis. The story follows the life of Damodar, Shatavari, Neel, Dhananjay, Vaishali, Amodini and many others. 

Basically, it became difficult for me to keep up with the book as I am bad with names, and have to go back and forth a large number of times.

The story is a simple historical fiction portraying love, betrayal, friendship, discrimination, courage,  etc. It also features wars, kings, loyalty, lust and even a secret weapon. 

Apart from all this elements. one other thing that is peculiar about the book is the character building. All the character, and there are many of them, are very compelling and you feel that you really know them. 

Also, the narration, and the language author  used were a bit different from the contemporary context, which did justice to the story.

The Ending

The end was too good to be interesting. It was a novel version of a fairy tale towards the end. Although it wasn't disappointing, it could've been better.

In A Nutshell

I enjoyed the book and will give three and a half stars. Although, I never read book in this genre, except the ones I mentioned earlier,
I was glued to this one. I assure it as a worthy read even for those who aren't into historical fiction. 


The review is powered by Cyclops Literary Services.
Click on the link to check the exclusive services provided Cyclops Literary Service

No comments:

Post a Comment