Monday 17 October 2016

Why Facebook Ads Sucks!


And this is why Facebook ads sucks!

My first YouTube has 2000 views in 16 days which means an average of 125 views per day, Most of which came from social media platforms like facebook, Whatsapp, Blogspot and Quora.
For the next video, I thought of spending some money to promote my content on facebook.

There are two ways of doing so.
1. Buy fake likes from a third party.
2. Promote your videos via Facebook ads.

The second sounded more ethical and I opted for it.

So, within less than 48 hours my post reached to 1716 people, had 460 likes and also had one comment 'NYC' (which meant 'nice' not New York city). Which was great in comparison to the average of my previous video, 125 views per day. So far so good.



But here's the catch. 1716 saw my video on their wall. 460 people liked it but only 200 people actually saw the video. Most of whom, I am pretty sure, I reached on my own.



Then I spent hours on searching the algorithms and techniques Facebook uses to promote the paid content (Believe me, your fb wall is more contaminated than Mula-Mutha river). The conclusion was Facebook sucks. Fb ads are no different from buying fake likes from a third party. 200 Rs well spent.
...with Marketing Zuckerberg.

P.S. Both the screenshots were taken at the same time.

Link to my fb post: The Pragmatic- A Novel By Yogesh Pandey

Link to the YouTube Video:
https://youtu.be/mbVjUUz-uHo

Before you pay for facebook ads, check the following video by Veritasium, one of the most viewed YouTube channels:
https://youtu.be/oVfHeWTKjag

Source: Hard Reads

1 comment:

  1. I personally think that FB ads can be beneficial for the businesses but you have to make sure that the content that you promote through them is high quality. Always add these primary keywords in it and you will notice the difference. My local business has grown with facebook ads services and I am very happy with that.

    ReplyDelete